A timed all trail race located on the old Catawba Indian Reservation.
6th Annual Catawba Nation River Run 5k trail race. Trail routes consist of paved, gravel and natural terrain that run near and parallel to the Catawba river. This race is considered one of the tougher 5k routes due to the hills. If your seeking a challange and a great time, this is a must do race!!
Catawba Nation 5K River Run
Start Time: 9:00am
Location: The Catawba Indian Reservation
Address: 996 Avenue of the Nations, Rock Hill, SC 29730
Proceeds: Proceeds and donations will go towards the tribal youth running program “Spirit Sprinters”
To be guaranteed a race t-shirt, you must register no later than April 7th
For additional t-shirt purchases they will be $15/shirt and you must place orders no later than April 7th as well
Adult – Small - XXXL
Youth- Small - XL
5K Registration Fees:
Early Registration Price $20 2/27 – 3/14
Regular Registration Price $25 4/15 – 4/25
Late Registration Price $30 4/26 – 4/29
Day of Race Price $30 4/26 – 4/29
1 Overall male and 1 Overall female
1st place & 2nd place Male and Female in Each Age Group
5K Age Groups:
Race Directors Information:
7 & under, 8 - 12, 13 – 15, 16 – 19, 20 – 29, 30 – 39, 40 – 49, 50 – 59, 60+
Catawba Indian Nation - Longhouse
996 Avenue of the Nations
Rock Hill, SC 29730
Time of packet pickup Pre-race packet pickup 4/28 3:30pm – 6:30pm
Race Day packet pickup 4/29 7:00am – 8:30am
Tolani Franks, firstname.lastname@example.org
Amanda Parker email@example.com
Event special notes:
Are strollers welcome? Yes, jogging strollers are welcome.
Can people listen to music while running? Yes
Are pets welcome? Yes, service animals only
Are there parking restrictions that people should know about? Parking will be in a paved parking lot. A portion of the parking lot will be blocked for the safety of runners prior to the race by 8:30am.
Are there any age restrictions for any of the races?
– Take SC exit #79 off I-77.
– If traveling southbound on I-77 (from Charlotte, NC), take a left at the end of the exit ramp, pass under I-77 and at the 6th light, turn right onto Waterford Parkway.
– If traveling northbound on I-77 (from Columbia, SC), take a right at the end of the exit ramp, and at the 5th light, turn right onto Waterford Parkway.
– Travel 4/10 of a mile and turn left at the stop sign onto Sturgis Rd.
– Travel 3/10 of a mile and turn right onto Church Rd.
– Travel 1.5 miles and turn left at the stop sign onto Neely Store Road.
– Travel 7/10 mile and turn right onto Reservation Road
– Travel 1.1 miles and turn left onto Indian Trail.
– Travel 9/10 of a mile and turn left onto Avenue of the Nations.
– Go 1 mile to the end of the road, the Longhouse will be the large building on your right.
All race proceeds will be donated to the Spirit Sprinter's, which is our children's running program. No refunds.